Re-Volt-Age Productions cel: 021-025-68217 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
I am Trevor E. Loomis artist, visual creator and digital communicator.
- From the age of six years old I was hooked on creating moving images, drawing animated flip cards.
- At nine years old I was playing around with the family Super 8 mm camera.
- In 1985 with the help of my friends Tim Watters and Christian Pick created a documentary for the national Spot On Film Competition on the pollution in the Manukau Harbour. The video made it into the final five and an honourable mention, the first documentary for the competition. The video also made the press, the Auckland Star for its specific clip showing raw sewage being pumped into the harbour with voice over from the then Minister for the Environment Phil Goff.
- In 1987 I began work as a production assistant at the New Zealand National Film Unit in Wellington where i worked in the editing department, video department for the inaugural Rugby World Cup and then moved into the design department for two years working on animation for documentarties with my final piece included in a kids after school program that gained an honourable mention at the Cairns Film Festival.
- In 1991 I started film school at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Avant Garde School receiving top honours in my class.
- In 1993 I moved to Texas and began film school in 1995 at the University of Texas, Austin.
- I left school to pursue a career in hospitality and the wine industry.
- Visual Arts has always been my true vocation in life and in 2005 with the help of my wife and family I found my way back to my path, back on the slow but steady course to again create.
- In 2006 I created two visual pieces. The first paying homage to my late grandmother Nora Patricia Smith and the second a visual piece in support of my mother's art exhibition held at Pateka in Porirua.
- In 2008 while working at Forrest Wines I began to create video pieces for the company documenting the wines, the vineyards, vintages and the Forrest story - incorporating social media from Facebook to Youtube and Twitter. I am a digital communicator integrating social media streams to get my message across.